what are you so freakin' busy with?

I could be employed right now but I went back to school to be a student.
I could be financially self-sufficient right now but I stayed dependent on my parent's monetary provision.
I could be the type of person who wouldn't care if time passed but I chose to be the person who feels guilty when time passes and I haven't done anything productive.
I could be sleeping well more often than now but I chose sleepless nights to study for an exam that I wouldn't pass with outstanding marks anyway.
I could be reading tons and tons of novels I have been wishing to read but I chose to be buried in books on Human Anatomy, Surgery and even Parasitology.
I could have more free time than now but I chose this life-consuming career path just so I could earn an 'MD' after my name.

I could be in a community as a Public Health Officer but I chose the path to becoming a Doctor for the community.

In the end, I feel I have been prepared for this. Not just by my friends, mentors and my family... but by God's will. Let this be done.


**All rights available to blogging apply.


popular posts

15 April 2010

Flat Top Brushes

As of now, I own two flat top makeup brushes.

The first one I purchased from Sophie&Christine of B&M (linked if interested). :)
They sell the Charm brushes ~ which are great and reasonably priced. I definitely recommend checking out the mineral makeup too (Monave).

Charm flat top brush (top); Charm duo fiber brush (bottom)
-- will review the duo fiber next time --

The second flat top, I purchased recently...
The famous EDM flat top brush. :)
I bought it from ebay.ph, seller: organice07. I'm not sure if she still has the EDM flat top and kabuki brushes. These stuff sell like candy. It took me four tries to get one actually and from different sellers (multiply and ebay).


Before I buy, I ask what's the difference between a flat top and a kabuki brush... and I always get the same answer. So I think I should share the knowledge with you in case you were kept in the dark all these days/weeks/months/years of kalandian.

The kabuki brush is used for light to medium coverage (heavy is achievable but takes a lot of layering and time). The flat top brush, on the other hand, is used for medium to heavy coverage. :) The flat top picks up more product than kabuki and it's usually used with powder products.
[I feel so knowledgeable :P though I'm not.]


Lemme review the pretty brushes:

Charm flat top (500php from B&M):  I remember how excited I was to receive this (what a noob, :P).
It disappointed me the first time though. It shed and bled like maaaaaaad during washing and makeup application. It annoyed me more whenever I picked the hairs off of my face. I gave it a chance though, I kept using it with a firm belief that the shedding will lessen to a tolerable degree... but during the fifth washing, it shed a large clump of hair. I stared at the drain it went into for a while and wondered if it was my fault. I wasn't tugging the hairs or anything. I wasn't even rough in any way. When it dried, it looked weird coz it lost a big clump of hair somewhere near the side. I gave up on it after that -- thinking that all the Charm flat tops were like that -- it turned out that it was a defect.

The second flat top I received was waaaaaaaay better. It did shed a few hairs but not as bad as the first one. I was told that animal hair really sheds. I've been using the second flat top for almost two months, I think. It's been great and it doesn't shed on my face but it sheds one or two during washing.
I like the thick handle coz it gives great control but I'm not very fond of pink. The color will grow on me someday. :P


Everyday Minerals flat top (550php from organice07):  this brush is suuuper soft. I can't deny that. It hasn't shed a single hair since I received it. It's slightly smaller than the Charm flat top that's why gripping it needed some adjusting since I was used to the Charm's thick handle. I think I tend to use more product with the EDM flat top though. Now I know why it's one of the favorites of MMU users. :)


5 comments:

Kayni said...

honestly, they look the same to me, but glad to know the difference :). thanks for posting and good to hear you're back blogging :). enjoy your summer vacation.

Bev said...

Thank you for sharing =) When I'd be ready with using make-up other than during interviews, I'll know what to look for in brushes =)

jehan said...

waaah! inggit ako sa edm brush mo.. i only have ellana's flat top brush which i don't use anymore because it picks up a lot of product.. i prefer using the duo-fiber brush of etude house for my powder foundation because i can build up the coverage and i also use it for my hightlight or blush..

as for the "mini" package post, it's just okay kabsat.. no problem...

enjoy your vacation... i terribly miss baguio... haha!

Golden said...

Oh my, I'm one of those who are clueless when it comes to makeup brushes. I always use sponge when I'm applying my mineral makeup as I find it more convenient and less time consuming. I'm planning to buy my own set of brushes though someday (I was thinking of getting from Ellana but reading your review about Everyday Minerals may change my mind, hehe). Aww, good thing that they replaced your first Charm flat top brush.

Lots of love,

★ JASMINE ★ said...

love the post doll! xxxoo

http://barbie-bombshell.blogspot.com