what are you so freakin' busy with?

I could be employed right now but I went back to school to be a student.
I could be financially self-sufficient right now but I stayed dependent on my parent's monetary provision.
I could be the type of person who wouldn't care if time passed but I chose to be the person who feels guilty when time passes and I haven't done anything productive.
I could be sleeping well more often than now but I chose sleepless nights to study for an exam that I wouldn't pass with outstanding marks anyway.
I could be reading tons and tons of novels I have been wishing to read but I chose to be buried in books on Human Anatomy, Surgery and even Parasitology.
I could have more free time than now but I chose this life-consuming career path just so I could earn an 'MD' after my name.

I could be in a community as a Public Health Officer but I chose the path to becoming a Doctor for the community.

In the end, I feel I have been prepared for this. Not just by my friends, mentors and my family... but by God's will. Let this be done.


**All rights available to blogging apply.


popular posts

14 January 2011

Review: BNC nail polishes (Korean)


Why do I think these are awesome?

1.  Lots and lots of colors!
I say it like I have all the colors. Hahahaha. :P I just have 5 at the moment (the ones you see in the photo above).
2.  Doesn't chip or fade easily.
3.  Sometimes, you don't need a top coat. :P
4.  Relatively cheaper compared to other Korean brands (TheFaceShop, SkinFood).
Though I think Etude House have the same prices (but I don't own any yet so let's exclude it for now).
5.  Available in the Philippines! :D (that is always comforting to know)
I bought this from "Nail Up" in Robinsons Place Manila (P. Faura wing).


Instead of names, these babies are coded (numbers, sometimes letters):
(from left to right)
319 (gray) >> 729 (yellow green) >> 630 (deep green) >> 54 (beige) >> M68 (sky blue? haha)

I really can't prove number 1 to you. You'll just have to go and see the colors they have. :)
For number 2, let's just say I can wear one of these colors and won't need to take it off even after 5 days 'cause it still looks great (despite my activity-filled life: laboratory, house chores, etc :P).

One time, I came up with this design on a sleepover with my bestfriends:


I used 630 (the deep green one) as a base and used other brands for the designs. This design stayed on my hand for more than a week -- WITHOUT a top coat! I forgot to layer on a top coat, actually, hahahaha.

I usually do nail designs at night then let it dry very well (overnight) then layer on a top coat in the morning. But on that day, my bestfriends slept over and I forgot the top coat.

I traveled to Baguio that weekend and I still had it when I came back to Manila the next week after it was created. It never chipped! I swear!
It faded at the ends though (the normal fading -- the polish looks thinner -- you get when you have your nail polish on for more than a week).

for the pictures above, I used M68 (blue-ish) as the base

 for the one above, I used 54 (beige) as the base

for the one above: I topped the 630 (deep green) mixed with yellow (another brand) for the green part of the design






For the last one: 
(my best friend did this on my hand)
ahahahaha
The green and red are BNC nail polishes.
The others are different brands.

v
v
v


Good night! :D



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like everything about this post! But most specially, I like what your best friend did! LOL I bet shes so happy right now that you included what she did even though you teased her that it looked like it was an art work of a 5 year old kid :((

hahaha


Sincerely yours,

Your best friend :*

Kayni said...

wow, i really like the designs you came up with.

i like most the one with the beige base.

I Am Ahne said...

Your designs are really fab...wish I could do the same with mine (my hubby is not really a fan of nail polish) but I guess I can have some while he's away...a little experiment.

thanks for the inspiration.

G said...

@bestfriend, kayni, ahne: thank you :D

Musicalhouses said...

Gorgeous nail art! My favourite colour is the grey one :)

jamie said...

so pretty..i just dont have the talent for this!haha..:D

o-h-crap.blogspot.com said...

those nails look coool

Anonymous said...

i always have a hard time with nail art! you're so talented XD