what are you so freakin' busy with?

I could be employed right now but I went back to school to be a student.
I could be financially self-sufficient right now but I stayed dependent on my parent's monetary provision.
I could be the type of person who wouldn't care if time passed but I chose to be the person who feels guilty when time passes and I haven't done anything productive.
I could be sleeping well more often than now but I chose sleepless nights to study for an exam that I wouldn't pass with outstanding marks anyway.
I could be reading tons and tons of novels I have been wishing to read but I chose to be buried in books on Human Anatomy, Surgery and even Parasitology.
I could have more free time than now but I chose this life-consuming career path just so I could earn an 'MD' after my name.

I could be in a community as a Public Health Officer but I chose the path to becoming a Doctor for the community.

In the end, I feel I have been prepared for this. Not just by my friends, mentors and my family... but by God's will. Let this be done.


**All rights available to blogging apply.


popular posts

08 January 2011

A New Year

Happy New Year!!!

Another year has ended and welcoming the new one feels like seeing a clean slate. :)

For any mistakes of the past, let's learn and forgive.
For all the happy memories of last year, may we draw strength from them and stand through any future conflict.
For the sad ones, may they be a reminder that no matter how hard it was, we got through it anyway.


Be thankful to all those who touched your life and make sure you become part of other peoples' lives this year (hopefully in a good way :P).

BTW, i went home for the holidays.
I thought I'd share how my hometown looks like :P


day
&
night




6 comments:

Saving Capulet said...

oh my gosh! night time there looks so over whelming! I heard that it's getting reaally cold there in Baguio, you doin ok? Have a great weekend, lovely girl!

jehan said...

happy new year, Geli!
thanks for sharing those pictures...
indeed, i just want to remember and count the good things that happened to me last year...
as for the bad or sad ones, in a way, i don't regret them happening but i hope i could overcome such happenings again, successfully, this year and years to come...
i also pray that my imaginings be only imaginings, not ghosts of what's about to happen... LOL!

may we all have a great and more blessed year ahead!

Bev said...

I wish you great 2011 year ahead Geli :)

I am trying to guess from where you took the daytime picture, and I cannot even tell, hehe,nakakahiya. Although it seems like the big building is Cooyeesan?

G said...

yepyep! that is Coyeesan :P
i think it's owned by puregold (a big grocery) now.

i'll take pics of specific places next time. i wasn't able to go around that time so i just took these pics from quezon hill.

Kayni said...

happy new year! 2011 will be another great year.

I Am Ahne said...

love that city...and i promised myself to go back with my hubby...

hoping for a fruitful year ahead.