what are you so freakin' busy with?

I could be employed right now but I went back to school to be a student.
I could be financially self-sufficient right now but I stayed dependent on my parent's monetary provision.
I could be the type of person who wouldn't care if time passed but I chose to be the person who feels guilty when time passes and I haven't done anything productive.
I could be sleeping well more often than now but I chose sleepless nights to study for an exam that I wouldn't pass with outstanding marks anyway.
I could be reading tons and tons of novels I have been wishing to read but I chose to be buried in books on Human Anatomy, Surgery and even Parasitology.
I could have more free time than now but I chose this life-consuming career path just so I could earn an 'MD' after my name.

I could be in a community as a Public Health Officer but I chose the path to becoming a Doctor for the community.

In the end, I feel I have been prepared for this. Not just by my friends, mentors and my family... but by God's will. Let this be done.


**All rights available to blogging apply.


popular posts

31 October 2009

A Chicken Recipe

I don't know what you call this recipe but it's one of my favorites:
(a picTUtorial, yey~!)

What you'll need:

a (chopped) whole chicken (= usually 4-5 servings) or just the parts of chicken you want (legs, breasts, etc)
tomato sauce (I prefer Italian Style ~ the Filipino tomato sauce is a bit sweet)
onions
garlic
oil/butter
salt and pepper

*measurements need not be exact. It depends on what you want but be sure that the amount of tomato sauce should be enough to coat each chicken part in it.

Boil the chicken. Add a bit of salt. Don't overcook!



Chop onions and garlic (cubes, if preferred) while boiling the chicken then sautee the onions and garlic in butter/oil.



When onions and garlic are slightly brown, add the boiled chicken (without the water you boiled it in!).


After 10 minutes or so (with occassional mixing), add the tomato sauce.
Add salt and pepper (til satisfied with the taste).



Done~!

The 2nd (I refer to my siblings by birth order to avoid confusion) and I cooked.
So, that was our lunch today. :D

4 comments:

Geeky Mac Boy said...

That chicken looks so gooood! Perhaps I'll try cooking it myself sometime :-D

Golden said...

Hi there Geli! Wow! This is my first time to have a blogger friend from Baguio. It feels so nice.. aah..

By the way, your last name is familiar. Are you related with Kathleen Calpito?

I'm also a graduate of UP. Hehe. It seems that we have so many things in common. :)

Followed your blog na rin..

Anonymous said...

sarap! naalala ko tuloy sa cavite hehe..pinoy style is still the best :D.btw cute blog too, i love purple :D . thanx for visiting me ..followed your blog !!

donnarence said...

sarap ng lunch!! pag fiesta or kasalan sa batangas ganyan din dun sa pic mo.. i love how fun cooking with your relatives and neighbors can be!!